No one occupation is guaranteed to be successful in the years to come; nonetheless, there are many things to consider when determining how you want to spend your working life. You could be driven to work by the possibility of earning more money or finding a job that better utilizes your skill set. You might be asking about the most recent forecasts for secure employment opportunities in the future, given the rapid transformation of the labor market due to rapid technical advancements and the knock-on effects of the COVID-19 epidemic.
The available occupations and the required abilities of workers continue to evolve in tandem with the state of our economy. To determine what to study or whether to change one’s career, it is necessary to consider future trends and jobs currently in demand.
Most In-Demand Jobs
If you want a comfortable, safe, and well-paid future, consider changing careers or pursuing education in one of the following in-demand fields:
With a projected increase of 14.2% in the coming years, the healthcare industry is one of the most rapidly expanding industries in the world. The COVID-19 epidemic brought to light the significance of employees in various sectors. As a result, the need for physicians, nurses, psychologists, and other health professionals is at an all-time high.
The compassion, skills, and expertise registered nurses and other professional healthcare workers provide patients cannot be replicated by machines, even though automation threatens several traditional jobs worldwide.
The construction industry has been seeing consistent growth over the past 20 years, and Labour Market Insights (LMI) forecasts that this growth will continue through 2025 at a rate of 6.8%. The construction sector is looking for skilled people quickly because of the current demand for improved housing and infrastructure worldwide.
The fields that top the list include:
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Did you know that teaching is currently one of the professional careers in the most demand worldwide? There is a significant shortage of qualified educators in all levels of education, ranging from early childhood through postsecondary education.
As the surge in online learning during COVID-19 revealed, teaching is becoming an increasingly portable profession that can be carried out virtually anywhere.
A degree or certification in education can pave the way to a successful career as a:
APP & SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
By creating their applications, forward-thinking businesses are getting better at catering to customers’ requirements and delivering a satisfying experience for their clients. Because of this, there is a greater need for professionals proficient in application development frameworks such as Angular JS, PHP, Java, and Node.
Graduates find jobs such as:
- Application programmers
- Software engineers
- Front-end developers
The quantity of digital information collected in each passing second steadily grows with the rapid development of new technologies. Hence, businesses are searching for talented people who can make sense of this enormous quantity of data to find solutions to problems that occur in the real world and generate insights that businesses can use.
Some of the jobs available are:
- Data scientist
- Market research analyst
- Business analyst
- Business intelligence (BI) specialist
There is a growing concern surrounding the security of personal data as more and more areas of our lives continue to transition online swiftly. Cloud computing services and storage can expose sensitive data to the risk of being hacked or stolen by industrial spies. Skilled individuals who are specialists in cyber security are in great demand for tasks responsible for protecting personal and company data.
Because it is anticipated that the cyber security industry will increase by 12 percent through 2027 and because it offers positions with competitive compensation, this is an ideal career choice worldwide.
Graduates often move on to careers in:
- Computer Network Security
- Cloud Security
- Web Development
The growth of our presence online has prompted shifts in the conventional ways we carry out certain activities, one of which is shopping. Since the beginning of the 21st century, both sales and money generated by online commerce have increased annually. It is anticipated that emerging markets will expand even further as they obtain access to the Internet.
This varied industry is looking for ambitious, skilled graduates who want to succeed in the worldwide dynamic commercial workforce.
In the future, a significant number of traditionally held roles will be performed by machines. However, there are other skills that machines do not possess and are unlikely ever to acquire, such as creative thinking. Expanding technological capabilities drive an increased demand for creative brains to design goods for enterprises and individual customers.
DIGITAL AND CONTENT MARKETING
Do you get pleasure out of putting together sentences? Do you have a good head for technology? You might do quite well in the field of digital marketing.
Many firms, businesses, and individuals have moved online due to digitalization; there, they now compete with one another both domestically and internationally for attention. Because of this, there is a growing need for digital and content marketing specialists who can use their abilities to link brands with customers.
Employers are searching for individuals who can produce online material of high quality, drive traffic to their websites, and create a positive experience for customers.
How to Choose the Right Career Path
Finding the ideal way to direct one’s professional life is a crucial choice that can greatly impact one’s entire life. The following are some measures that will assist you in making a well-informed decision:
- Determine your interests: What kinds of things do you like to do when you have free time? Which fields do you find yourself interested in? Think about the things that interest you.
- Consider the following as you do so: Consider both the positive and negative aspects of your character. What are some things that come easily to you? Which best describes your talents acquired through school or experience?
- Make your values very clear: Which aspects of morality and ethics do you place the utmost importance on? Think about things like the right balance between work and life, the right income, the right job security, and the right social influence.
- Consider how you present yourself to the world: What kind of person are you—an extrovert or an introvert? Do you prefer working on your own or contributing to a collaborative effort? Your attributes can affect how fulfilled you feel in your work.
- Investigate the various career options: Investigate a variety of professions and fields of work to choose one that fits your interests, abilities, and core principles. You should consult books and online resources and conduct informational interviews to obtain information.
- Consult an expert: Participate in industry events, search Leadar for contact data, and talk to people with experience in the fields you are considering entering. They can share insightful information about their careers, including the benefits and drawbacks of their chosen paths.
- Think about the market’s needs: Conduct research on the current state of the employment market and future projections to guarantee that there will be opportunities in the field you have selected.
- Create both short-term and long-term objectives for your professional life. What do you want to do within the next 1, 5, and 10 years?
- Consider how you would like to define success. Because “success” might mean something different to each individual, you should ensure that your objectives are congruent with your core beliefs.
Education and Training
- Find out what kinds of education and training are necessary for the professional path you have chosen. One can pursue a specialized degree or certification, participate in an internship or apprenticeship, or obtain hands-on experience in a related field to accomplish this goal.
- Research educational institutions and programs to determine if they offer the required training.
There are a great number of considerations that will go into determining the career path that you choose in the end. Even though you may start working in one sector of the economy, a shift in the industry or circumstances may cause you to refocus your efforts or even transfer drives later in your career.
You can develop your skill set and select the finest career route for you by drawing motivation from the various industries experiencing growth.